Monday, November 8, 2010


I put this one together for my mom as a Birthday Gift. My mom is 50 today by the way, Happy Birthday Mom!
I remember when my mom turned 30 and I thought she was soooooooooo old. Now I am just one year, actually just over seven months, shy of being 30. I don't feel old, though I am sure to my kids I am. I have to laugh. But even funnier still is how perspective changes and even my mom seems young now.

Anyway, back to the frame. I found the free printable online. You too can find it here.

I really want to frame it as a gift for each of the ladies I Visit Teach  My problem is that I love the frame I sent my mom, and I can't find anything I love as much. But I think it would go great along with the recent conference talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, which I loved.

Of Things That Matter Most

"Elder Dallin H. Oaks, in a recent general conference, taught, “We have to forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best because they develop faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and strengthen our families."
The search for the best things inevitably leads to the foundational principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ—the simple and beautiful truths revealed to us by a caring, eternal, and all-knowing Father in Heaven. These core doctrines and principles, though simple enough for a child to understand, provide the answers to the most complex questions of life.
There is a beauty and clarity that comes from simplicity that we sometimes do not appreciate in our thirst for intricate solutions.
For example, it wasn’t long after astronauts and cosmonauts orbited the earth that they realized ballpoint pens would not work in space. And so some very smart people went to work solving the problem. It took thousands of hours and millions of dollars, but in the end, they developed a pen that could write anywhere, in any temperature, and on nearly any surface. But how did the astronauts and cosmonauts get along until the problem was solved? They simply used a pencil.
Leonardo da Vinci is quoted as saying that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”  When we look at the foundational principles of the plan of happiness, the plan of salvation, we can recognize and appreciate in its plainness and simplicity the elegance and beauty of our Heavenly Father’s wisdom. Then, turning our ways to His ways is the beginning of our wisdom."

No comments: