Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reading Like A Rock Star

I swear I didn't read this much in first grade. Am I just forgetting? I remember reading Dick and Jane in like the 2nd grade maybe?  JC had a bunch of site words in kindergarten; first grade has only proven to pick up the pace.
JC continues to impress me at how well he retains most site words, but of course there are always a few tricky ones.  We try to make the chore more fun by making as many games out of it as possible.  One favorite game is to write all the words out in chalk.  Then to improve on this idea, making it even more fun we took turns throwing rocks, bark, whatever we could find, on a word.  Then whatever word it landed on JC had to read.



JC was reading last night with his "Rock Star" glasses.  I don't know how he could see anything!
He was more than happy to show off the book he just got that afternoon from the school bookfair.

No comments: