Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My first Netrition order

If you haven't heard of netrition.com yet, you aren't alone.
When I first declared I was going low carb, my mom's friend called me up, super excited to share her tips and tricks.
One of the things she told me about was netrition.com.  She told me about all the wonderful low carb items I could find.
Really, go check it out, who knew there were so many low carb foods out there?  Ccertainly not my local grocery store!

So, I tucked the info away, but it's taken roughly 5 months for me to finally place an order.

Today that first order arrived, and I am super excited to try this stuff, and share what I think.

Here is a run down of what my order contained.

Carbquick is one of the things Sheila told me about. Carbquick is supposed to be similar to Bisquick.

Swerve- If you have been looking for treats on the net, you have likely come across swerve as a common ingredient.  The grocery stores in my area do not carry it, but it seems quite popular.  However, I picked this particular one because it is of the confectioners sugar variety.  If Splenda does that, I've never seen it.  I am really tempted to try it in my very favorite cream cheese frosting recipe first though.  :)
Today at least, Swerve also appears to be $2 off the price I paid, go figure.

Pizza Crust by Great Low Carb Company- This is the one I am most disappointed with right off the bat.  No ones fault but my own.  I misread the description and didn't realize it only came with ONE crust.  At $7.99 each this better be damn good.
The good news is each 9" crust only has 2 net carbs.

Low Carb Bread Mix- Okay, this is brought to you by Bob's Red Mill.  Apparently, I can toss it into my bread maker.  Which means that super fancy bread maker I talked my husband into getting me, no longer has to stay hidden in the pantry.
I myself have moved beyond bread, amazingly.  It and popcorn have been the two things I've missed most since going LC. (I do totally steal popcorn from my kids at the movies still.)
My kids however would go through a loaf a day.  They are kids, and I want them to be kids, but I also feel strongly that they are better off with out a high carb diet as well.  Sugar kills, there is no age limit.
So, I really hope they dig this for their cinnamon toast and PB&J.

Carb Counters Angel Food Puffs- I picked these on a whim, they had great reviews, and I love angel food cake, they were a price that wouldn't break the bank. (*ahem* Unlike some pizza crust mentioned above.)  I think I might whip them up for Mother's Day.  My kids typically are the berry eaters, but every once in a while I have a few too.  These will be perfect, I do believe!

Guy's Award Winning Sugar Free BBQ Sauce- Highly probable bbq chicken is on the menu tomorrow! Hopefully their will also be leftovers to go atop that single pizza crust.  :)  I got both hot and original.  I am really looking forward to trying these.  One of our favorite splurges on a weekend is to order just pulled pork from Good Wood BBQ, now we have a better option than the sugary BBQ sauce they offer.

Low Carb Marshmallows- That's right MARSHMALLOWS!  My kids think marshmallows are a must in their Diet Swiss Miss.  Now we can skip the sugar there too!  Don't tell them, but I also got the Belgium Chocolate ones for me.  Mama needs a treat too!

And last, but not least, Sugar-Free Chocolate chips- I have been dying to try Against All Grain's Paleo Chocolate chip cookies, I have gathered all the indigence except that I wanted these for them.  Now that they are here, I plan to try them out tomorrow.  D can help, he is working on measurements for math tomorrow anyway, so expect a report back on that very soon!

No comments: