Sunday, May 20, 2012

Frosting & Sugar Berries



So I have a new favorite frosting, I've used it a few times on carrot cake and chocolate cake, and more recently on spice cake.  I have decided no matter the cake flavor, you can never go wrong with cream cheese frosting!

So here is the recipe, and it's so easy!

1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 cups powered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.

Additionally,  I was able to make the cupcakes shown pop, while looking more delicate, by washing black berries and then rolling them, while still damp, in sugar.  The photo doesn't do them justice.  (Wish I was a food photographer!)  But they were so pretty!